The Whitehead Research Project is seeking scholarly contributions to its book series, Contemporary Whitehead Studies, published by Lexington Books, an imprint of Rowman & Littlefield. The series will explore original and innovative approaches connecting the work of A. N. Whitehead to contemporary philosophies and current questions across the humanities and around the world. CWS especially seeks projects that:
- explore the connections between Whitehead and contemporary Continental philosophy,
- reconnect Whitehead to pragmatism, analytical philosophy and philosophy of language,
- explore creative East/West dialogues facilitated by Whitehead’s work,
- explore the interconnections of the mathematician with the philosopher and the contemporary importance of these parts of Whitehead’s work for the dialogue between sciences and humanities,
- reconnect Whitehead to the wider field of philosophy, the humanities, the sciences and academic research with Whitehead’s pluralistic impulses in the context of a pluralistic world,
- address Whitehead’s philosophy in the midst of contemporary problems facing humanity, such as climate change, war & peace, race, and the future development of civilization.