Please submit proposals, not complete manuscripts, to the Series Editors at . (Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.)
Proposals should include the following:
- Proposed title
- Table of contents
- Anticipated length of the manuscript in 12-point type on double-spaced 8 1/2" by 11" pages
- An abstract of the book (no more than one page—150 words is ideal)
- Detailed chapter-by-chapter outline, including mention of appendices, bibliographies, etc.
- If your work is an edited volume, indicate which chapters are reprinted and which ones are original, and include a list of contributors including their affiliations (please note that authors are responsible for procuring any necessary permissions)
- Description and number of pieces of art (illustrations, photographs, etc.)
- A description of your target audience (undergraduate or graduate students? scholars? professionals?)
- An analysis of competing or similar books (including publishers and dates)
- An indication of whether any part of your manuscript has been published previously, and if it is a doctoral dissertation, what changes you are proposing to prepare it for publication
- Introduction or Preface, plus a sample chapter
- Author CV or a CV for each contributor of an edited volume (containing your complete contact information)
- An indication of whether the manuscript is under consideration by other publishers
- If the manuscript is not complete, an estimation of when it will be finished.
Every effort will be made to respond to proposals within 3-6 weeks of receipt.
Projects accepted for publication should adhere to the following guidelines to be prepared for Lexington’s typesetters:
Suggested Editions of Whitehead’s Works
Click here to view our list of suggested editions of Whitehead’s works to which all CWS volumes should refer.