WRP is currently organizing, digitizing, and transcribing notes from Whitehead’s Harvard lectures from the 1920s and 1930s for publication in the Critical Edition of Whitehead (CEW). Many of these lecture notes cannot be made publicly available due to agreements with various university archives. The lecture notes that we can freely share are available for researchers below.
Whitehead’s Harvard Lectures
- Alfred North Whitehead: “Whitehead’s Lecture Notes” (possibly 1924) (edited by Helmut Maassen, published in European Studies in Process Thought, Vol I, 2003)
- “Introduction to Charles Hartshorne’s Handwritten Notes on A. N. Whitehead’s Harvard-Lectures 1925-26”, by Roland Faber, published in Process Studies 30/2 (2002): 289-300.
- Charles Hartshorne’s Notes on A. N. Whitehead’s Harvard-Lectures 1925-26, edited by Roland Faber, published in Process Studies 30/2 (2002) 301-374.
- George Bosworth Burch: “Whitehead’s Harvard Lectures” (1926-27), (edited by Dwight C. Stewart, published in Process Studies, Vol 4, Num 3, Fall 1974)
- Edwin L. Marvin: “The Philosophy of Science” lectures by Alfred North Whitehead at Harvard University (1927-28)
View Document (1.5Mb)